HOW THE DEBELLA SYSTEM WORKS . . .
The Financial Services Board has a campaign to ensure that anyone who collects premiums on Short Term Insurance Products has been authorised to do so and has the necessary IGF cover.
If you don’t have IGF or an acceptable alternative, you may no longer collect premiums on Short Term Insurance products.
Since early in 2006, the Debella team has been aware of these requirements and the FSB’s concern about non-compliance. Knowing that motor dealers were about to be faced with the problems of managing the processes that must be in place if premiums are collected, we have developed a solution specifically for the benefit of motor dealers who sell Short Term Insurance Products.
Debella will collect the premiums for you.
Any motor dealer may apply to join Debella as a member. Once membership has been confirmed, all the facilities immediately become available to the dealership.
HOW THE PREMIUMS ARE COLLECTED
Debella has teamed up with Insure Group Holdings Ltd
- Insure Group Managers Ltd (IGM) is a registered collection agency and its main business is the collection of premiums on short term insurance products. It's what IGM does and has been doing since 1998.
- IGM is an authorised financial services provider (FSP 45351) and has the maximum IGF cover required (currently R100 million). The IGF Ref No is 002314
- IGM has the systems to handle any number of payments from all banks, reconcile these receipts and pay the motor dealer, the insurer and the warranty administrator the amounts due to each within one week of receipt from the bank. Motor dealers will receive commission payments regularly and without fail.
- Debella is an authorised financial services provider (FSP 34111) and has been granted the right to use the patented Premium Collection Facilitation System. This is an IT system that has been designed specifically to manage the collection and payment of premiums on extended motor warranties sold by motor dealers. The system has been deployed by IGH.
- The Debella-IGM invoicing procedure has been specially designed with motor dealers in mind and is simplicity itself. Training will take five minutes. The motor dealer will have to make the least amount of change.
- All procedures are fully FAIS compliant, VAT compliant and are in accordance with the requirements of the Short Term Insurance Act 1998. There are no additional systems requirements or accounting issues that need adjustment
- The process of issuing the second invoice is as simple as possible. The process will produce a single VAT compliant invoice for a single product or multiple products from different product suppliers.
- Invoices are issued in the name of Debella and payment of the invoice amount is made into an IGM account in the name of Debella. This means that the premium is secure and held in a bank account that is controlled by IGM which is an authorised intermediary with full IGF cover.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
Each time you sell any form of insurance product you must issue a separate Debella Invoice for that product or for those products. This is done each time by logging on to the Debella website and providing the system with the details of the transaction. An invoice is generated immediately and can be downloaded in PDF format.
The Dealership’s own invoice must include everything except the warranty products.
The bank must receive two invoices
- The Dealership invoice for the vehicle including any non-insurance VAPs and
- The Debella invoice for any insurance product such as an extended warranty or paint and scratch indemnity or small area repair warranty.
The bank will pay you for the vehicle and any VAPs other than an insurance product.
The bank will pay the full amount of the premium on the product sold to Debella.
Debella will pay you all commissions and inspection fees (if any) at the end of each week
Debella has been integrated into the Seriti and Signio dealer platforms. We will show you how to get the best from both these applications.
WHAT DEBELLA DOES
- We reconcile all payments each week and pay you, the motor dealer, all commissions, inspection fees and any other amount the administrator has agreed to pay you.
- Each weekly payment comes with a fully reconciled VAT compliant bordereaux and the amount due is paid by way of Electronic Funds Transfer.
- The net premium is then paid to the insurer with a full reconciliation and a VAT compliant bordereaux.
As a member you are able to log on to the System and call up details of all or any transaction.
The System maintains permanent records of all transactions, including any cancelled transactions.
Credits notes can also be requested for any deals that have been cancelled.
|ABSA||Per product on the invoice||R30.00|
|Toyota Finance||Per Invoice||R45.60|
|Volkswagen Finance||Per Invoice||R45.60|
|MFC||Per product on the invoice||R36.00|
|Standard Bank / Stannic||R0.00|
|All other banks / Cash Deals||R0.00|
- Debella charge R100 plus VAT (R115.00) per transaction irrespective of the number of premiums collected in any one payment. (e.g. a an extended motor warranty product and a Paint Tech product sold to the same client)
- The fee of R100 plus VAT (R115.00) per transaction may legitimately be passed on to the consumer should the motor dealer so choose.
- The difference in fees should not be a concern at all – the hassle factor of generating and managing multiple invoices, additional payment reconciliations and VAT compliance certainly is.
- No need for any IGF insurance cover
- Simple and easy to use
- All the major banks are able to manage split payment instructions
- All the major warranty administrators have agreed to use the System
- Reduced administration
- VAT compliant documentation and reconciliations
- Instant records of all transactions and transaction history available to all members
- Once an invoice has been generated by the Debella system and submitted to the Bank it automatically triggers a ‘tracking mechanism’. This means that the Debella system will, on a daily basis, produce error reports if any premium is not received or if an incorrect premium is received. Debella support staff monitors the error reports on a daily basis and conduct regular follow up calls.
- Any participating party can ask for a detailed bordereaux on products sold and premiums collected for any previous period or periods.
- No more waiting for a reconciled statement requesting commission, as it is paid on a weekly basis and is accompanied with a full report with details of the client, product, premium and commission paid. (This one designed for the Admin department)